November 15, 2015

PTU Tutorial: Autumn in the City


This Tutorial was written by me, any resemblance to another tutorial is completely unintentional. I am using Photoshop CS5 for this tutorial.
Tube 
Element from kit Scrap Kit "Autumn in the City" by Creative Scraps by Crys
 Font
Dawning of a New Day 
Mask 
DD_Mask11 


Now let's get started.
Open up a new canvas at 650x650.
Bring in your "tube"- I used an element provided in the kit- AITC_Element_17 I didn't use any filters, and this is a pretty simple tutorial, so all you need is to drag and drop the elements, resize to your liking and then add your drop shadow.
 
First I opened up the AITC_Frame_1 and rotated to my liking. Then I brought in the AITC_Element_17 again at a larger size and then positioned under the frame. Duplicate that 3 times and position her face in the frames and then with one frame at a time, use your magic wand to select the inside, Select> Modify>Expand...3. Select>Inverse. Hit delete with your keyboard and then do it again with each remaining frame.
These are the elements I used:
AITC_Element_2
AITC_Element_5
AITC_Element_11 x2
AITC_Element_12
AITC_Element_21
AITC_Element_23
AITC_Element_30
AITC_Element_32
AITC_Element_34
AITC_Element_38
AITC_Element_42 x3
AITC_Element_43 x2
AITC_Element_44 x2
AITC_Element_51 x2
AITC_Element_52

I used a drop shadow like so:



Now for the mask!
I opened AITC_Paper_1 and resized it to 650x650.
Then I opened up the mask by Dee and used my Add Layer Mask button at the bottom of the layers box. 
After that I rasterized it and dragged it over to my tag canvas. 
Rotate to your liking and then bring down to the bottom layer. 

For the name I used the font Dawning of a New Day at 72 px. in white.
Then I used stroke and picked the color from the leaf on the frame at 2 px and 90 opacity.
Then I did the drop shadow like above.

Add your copyright and there you go! 
You're all done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment